1687 Summer St NE Salem OR 97301 US
Where children learn to achieve their unlimited potentials.
Your child will experience SUCCESS!
About the Program
• Instructions provided in English and Spanish.
• Classes focus on reading, mathematics, social skills development, and English and
Spanish language development.
• Spanish speaking students will receive Mexico’s elementary textbooks provided by the
• English speaking students will receive books in English provided by Reading For All!
• Parent resource nights and one on one conferences with teachers and staff.
• Promote nutritional meals and nutritional education.
Summer School Program
Reading & Math Recovery
Who should attend:
Students who have failed to demonstrate
proficiency and/or don’t meet state academic
Students with low literacy skills
Students with low literacy skills in their native
Students with poor attendance
from the third week
of June to the third
week of July every
year in the Salem/
Keizer School District
boundaries. Visit our
websites for updates
and locations of
* Classes are taught in Spanish or in the primary
language spoken at home.
* Multilingual learning is always encouraged.
* Bilingual and Bi-national teachers from Jalisco
and Monterrey Mexico. Teachers are certified by
PROBEM (Binational Migrant Education Program).
The Reading & Math Recovery Program is for low income and low
academic performance students. Our goal is to prepare students for
the upcoming school year by providing early intervention and recovery
in the areas of math and reading. Any student with reading and math
challenges qualifies for this program.
The program offers students the opportunity to catch-up, advance and be
prepared for the challenges of the next grade level. Furthermore, program
staff helps young students build their self-esteem, achieve academic success,
and build student’s willingness to continue school without the fear of under
Enrolled students attend from Monday through Thursday; Friday is for teachers
weekly planning. Each student is assessed their academic levels in reading and
math. The assessments help teachers place student at the appropriate level of
reading and math.
"Linguistically & Culturally Appropriate Services"
Students participating in this summer
program will experience...
Key components of the Reading & Math Recovery Program: